Upgraders: While you're here, please share on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Also, please donate.
mute.fm prerelease installer
Works with Windows 7 and Windows 8 Desktop.
Beta v0.9.14 (never expires). Release Notes
There are two downloads available: mute.fm and mute.fm+.
mute.fm is a small download and works with desktop-based music players such as iTunes, foobar2000, Spotify, Zune, Windows Media Player, and Winamp. If you want to use web-based background music, you will need to load the site in a browser other than the one you watch videos in, and you likely will not be able to pause that music.
Download (1.75 MB; requires .NET Framework 4 Client Profile)
mute.fm+ also works with desktop-based sound players and adds the ability to use web-based players as your background music by bundling a Chromium-based browser which you can open them in. Because of this, it usually requires installing Flash and the download is larger.
Download (16 MB; requires .NET Framework 4 Client Profile)
The above installers do the following:
- Verifies that you are running a proper version of .NET.
- Copies files into C:\Program Files (x86)\mute.fm.
- Modifies the registry to run C:\Program Files (x86)\mute.fm\mutefm.exe on startup.
- Creates a shortcut to mute.fm.
- mute.fm+ installs Flash as used by Firefox. (The technical reason for this is a little complicated. Basically, mute.fm uses Awesomium which contains a fork of Chromium, which cannot use Chrome's version of Flash.)
- Runs "C:\Program Files (x86)\mute.fm\mutefm.exe FIRSTTIME". The parameter FIRSTTIME causes it to run the Getting Started wizard to start playing some classical music on YouTube.
The installer does not install other external software, change your default browser, install toolbars, etc.
You can view the InnoSetup configuration file (although might not be up to date) here.